What are the disorders that affect the respiratory system?
Diseases and conditions of the respiratory system fall into two categories: Infections, such as influenza, bacterial pneumonia and enterovirus respiratory virus, and chronic diseases, such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). According to Dr.
What is the most common disease in the respiratory system?
The most common lung diseases include:
- Collapse of part or all of the lung (pneumothorax or atelectasis)
- Swelling and inflammation in the main passages (bronchial tubes) that carry air to the lungs (bronchitis)
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Lung cancer.
- Lung infection (pneumonia)
What are the different respiratory diseases their causes and symptoms?
Lung Diseases Affecting the Airways
- Asthma. Your airways are constantly inflamed and may spasm, causing wheezing and shortness of breath.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Chronic bronchitis.
- Acute bronchitis.
- Cystic fibrosis.