Types of Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Genital Warts and Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Genital Herpes (HSV-1, HSV-2)
- Symptoms That Suggest Sexually Transmitted Infections May Include:
Types of Sexually Transmitted Infections – HealthyChildren.orgwww.healthychildren.org › conditions › sexually-transmitted › Pageswww.healthychildren.org › conditions › sexually-transmitted › Pages
What are the top 10 sexually transmitted diseases?
Here are some common STDs and sexually-associated diseases and their symptoms that you should be knowledgeable about.
- Chlamydia. Chlamydia is the most common curable STD.
- Mycoplasma Genitalium.
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
- Crabs/Pubic Lice.
How many types of sexually transmitted diseases are there?
Each year, there are an estimated 376 million new infections with 1 of 4 STIs: chlamydia, gonorrhoea, syphilis and trichomoniasis (1, 2). More than 500 million people are estimated to have genital infection with herpes simplex virus (HSV) (3).
What are the 4 new STDs?
These Four New STIs Are On the Rise
- Mycoplasma genitalium. Scientists have known about Mycoplasma genitalium since at least 1981, but the CDC first acknowledged it as an STI in 2015.
- Neisseria meningitidis. Meningitis is a swelling of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord.
- Shigella flexneri.
- Lymphogranuloma venereum.
- Call To Action.
What is the most common STD?
The most common sexually transmitted infections in the United States are HPV, chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- What is the most common STD in the US? Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Chlamydia is the most reported STI in America.
- Gonorrhea: The Second Most commonly reported sti.