What Are the Symptoms of STDs?
- Bumps, sores, or warts near the mouth, anus, penis, or vagina.
- Swelling or redness near the penis or vagina.
- Skin rash.
- Painful urination.
- Weight loss, loose stools, night sweats.
- Aches, pains, fever, and chills.
- Yellowing of the skin (jaundice).
- Discharge from the penis or vagina.
What is the effect of sexually transmitted diseases?
STDs may cause serious, life-threatening complications including cancers, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, spontaneous abortions, stillbirth, low birth weight, neurologic damage, and death. Women and adolescents are disproportionately affected by STDs and their sequelae.
What are the signs of STD in a woman?
Common STD symptoms in women:
- No symptoms.
- Discharge (thick or thin, milky white, yellow, or green leakage from the vagina)
- Vaginal itching.
- Vaginal blisters or blisters in the genital area (the region covered by underwear)
- Vaginal rash or rash in the genital area.
- Painful or burning urination.
- Pain during sexual intercourse.
What are three symptoms of common STDs?
Signs and symptoms may include:
- Painful urination.
- Lower abdominal pain.
- Vaginal discharge in women.
- Discharge from the penis in men.
- Pain during sexual intercourse in women.
- Bleeding between periods in women.
- Testicular pain in men.
Can an STD cause flu like symptoms?
Flu-Like Symptoms: Fatigue, Fever, Nausea, Vomiting, or Headaches. Fevers can be caused by chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, HIV, Hepatitis A, or herpes. Fevers always indicate that your body is trying to fight off an infection, but a lot of people may not know that the infection could be the result of a burgeoning STD.
Can STD kill you?
Having an STD may weaken the immune system, leaving you more vulnerable to other infections. Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is a complication of gonorrhea and chlamydia that can leave women unable to have children. It can even kill you.
How long can a STD stay in your body?
How soon can you be tested?
|HPV||1 month–10 years (depending on type)|
|oral herpes||2–12 days|
|syphilis||3 weeks–20 years (depending on type)|
7 more rows
What does STD discharge look like?
Thick, white discharge can be a sign of a yeast infection. When discharge is yellow or green, it might indicate gonorrhea or trichomoniasis. Itching in the vaginal area: Itching is a non-specific symptom that may or may not be related to an STD. the early phases of most bacterial and viral STDs.
How do you know if a girl has gonorrhea?
Symptoms in women
- discharge from the vagina (watery, creamy, or slightly green)
- pain or burning sensation while urinating.
- the need to urinate more frequently.
- heavier periods or spotting.
- sore throat.
- pain upon engaging in sexual intercourse.
- sharp pain in the lower abdomen.
How can you test for STDs at home?
Gaining acceptance and popularity are at-home test kits for certain STIs, such as HIV, chlamydia and gonorrhea. For home STI testing, you collect a urine sample or an oral or genital swab and then send it to a laboratory for analysis. Some tests require more than one sample.
What’s the worst STD you can have?
However, there are still four incurable STDs: hepatitis B. herpes. HIV.
However, HPV is still incurable and, in some cases, it can lead to:
- genital warts.
- cervical cancer.
- oral cancer.
What is the most deadly STD?
What the Worst That Can Happen If You Have an STD?
- Chlamydia. Infertility.
- Gonorrhea. Infertility.
- Hepatitis B. Cancer or death.
- Herpes. Recurring sores.
- HIV (AIDS) Death.
- HPV & Genital Warts. Cancer.
- Syphilis. Brain damage or death.
- Trichomoniasis. Other STDs.
Do STD have a smell?
Trichomoniasis — a sexually transmitted infection — also can lead to vaginal odor. Chlamydia and gonorrhea infections usually don’t cause vaginal odors. Neither do yeast infections. Generally, if you have vaginal odor without other vaginal symptoms, it’s unlikely that your vaginal odor is abnormal.