View all9 Common Digestive Conditions From Top to Bottom
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) When stomach acid backs up into your esophagus — a condition called acid reflux — you may feel a burning pain in the middle of your chest.
- Celiac Disease.
- Crohn’s Disease.
- Ulcerative Colitis.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
9 Common Digestive Conditions From Top to Bottom www.everydayhealth.com › digestive-health › commonwww.everydayhealth.com › digestive-health › common
What diseases are associated with the stomach?
- Stomach diseases include gastritis, gastroparesis, Crohn’s disease and various cancers.
- The stomach is an important organ in the body.
- Examples including the name gastropathy include portal hypertensive gastropathy and Ménétrier’s disease, also known as “hyperplastic hypersecretory gastropathy”.
What is wrong with my stomach symptoms?
Symptoms of upper abdominal problems may include excessive burping, burning in the throat or upper chest, nausea, vomiting, or pain in the upper abdomen. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): GERD is the main cause of the symptom commonly known as heartburn.
What is gastric disease?
Gastric diseases refer to diseases affecting the stomach. Other common symptoms that stomach disease might cause include indigestion or dyspepsia, vomiting, and in chronic disease, digestive problems leading to forms of malnutrition.