What is the most common disorder of the urinary system?
Below are some common diseases of the urinary system.
- Kidney Stones Form from Substances in Urine. The kidneys produce urine to eliminate waste.
- Urinary Incontinence Is the Loss of Bladder Control.
- Fluid-filled Cysts Can Develop in the Kidneys.
- Chronic Kidney Disease Can Lead to Kidney Failure.
How does kidney disease affect the urinary system?
Chronic kidney disease causes many problems throughout the body: When loss of kidney function is mild or moderately severe, the kidneys cannot absorb water from the urine to reduce the volume of urine and concentrate it. Diseased kidneys produce hormones that increase blood pressure.
What are the common kidney diseases?
What are the types and causes of kidney disease?
- Chronic kidney disease. The most common form of kidney disease is chronic kidney disease.
- Kidney stones. Kidney stones are another common kidney problem.
- Polycystic kidney disease.
- Urinary tract infections.
What are the signs that something is wrong with your kidneys?
Swelling in your arms, wrists, legs, ankles, around your eyes, face, or abdomen. Restless legs during sleep. Joint or bone pain. Pain in the mid-back where kidneys are located.