What are the diseases caused by fungi?
Other human diseases caused by fungi include athlete’s foot, ringworm, aspergillosis, histoplasmosis, and coccidioidomycosis.
What are 5 diseases caused by fungi?
Other diseases and health problems caused by fungi
- Aspergillosis. About. Symptoms.
- Blastomycosis. About. Symptoms.
- Candidiasis. Candida infections of the mouth, throat, and esophagus. Vaginal candidiasis.
- Candida auris.
- Coccidioidomycosis. About. Symptoms.
- C. neoformans Infection. About.
- C. gattii Infection.
- Fungal Eye Infections. About.
What is a fungal disease?
Fungal infections are common throughout much of the natural world. In humans, fungal infections occur when an invading fungus takes over an area of the body and is too much for the immune system to handle. Fungi can live in the air, soil, water, and plants. Like many microbes, there are helpful fungi and harmful fungi.
Which medical term is the study of fungi and the diseases they cause?
Some fungi can cause disease in humans and other animals – The study of pathogenic fungi that infect animals is referred to as medical mycology.