What are some common diseases of the excretory system?
Disorders of the urinary system include kidney stones, kidney failure, and urinary tract infections. Kidney dialysis is the process of filtering wastes from the blood using a machine.
What are the symptoms of excretory system?
Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- a burning feeling when you urinate,
- frequent or intense urges to urinate, even when you have little urine to pass,
- pain in your back or side below the ribs,
- cloudy, dark, bloody, or foul-smelling urine,
- fever or chills.
How can you prevent diseases in the excretory system?
Kidney disease prevention
- watch your weight — being overweight increases your risk of diabetes and high blood pressure, which in turn increase your risk of kidney disease.
- eat healthily — a diet high in fruit and vegetables and low in salt, sugar and fats is best.
- drink plenty of water — avoid sugary drinks (such as soft drinks)
How does the excretory system work with other systems?
The excretory system is a close partner with both the circulatory and endocrine system. The circulatory system connection is obvious. Blood that circulates through the body passes through one of the two kidneys. Urea, uric acid, and water are removed from the blood and most of the water is put back into the system.