List of human disease case fatality rates
|Smallpox Variola major – specifically the malignant (flat) or hemorrhagic type||Untreated||~ 95%|
|Ebola virus disease – specifically EBOV||Untreated & Unvaccinated||83–90%|
68 more rows
What disease has the highest death rate?
Lower respiratory infections remained the most deadly communicable disease, causing 3.0 million deaths worldwide in 2016. The death rate from diarrhoeal diseases decreased by almost 1 million between 20, but still caused 1.4 million deaths in 2016.
What skin disease can kill you?
Morgellons disease (MD) is a rare disorder characterized by the presence of fibers underneath, embedded in, and erupting from unbroken skin or slow-healing sores. Some people with the condition also experience a sensation of crawling, biting, and stinging on and in their skin. These symptoms can be very painful.
What is the most horrific disease?
The world’s 7 most terrifying diseases
- Ebola. What is Ebola?
- Kuru disease. What is Kuru disease?
- Naegleria fowleri. What is Naegleria fowleri?
- Guinea worm disease. What is Guinea worm disease?
- African trypanosomiasis. What is African trypanosomiasis?
- River blindness. What is river blindness?
- Buruli ulcers. What are Buruli ulcers?