What are different types of lung diseases?
The most common types include:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
- Cystic Fibrosis (CF)/ Bronchiectasis.
- Lung cancer.
- Pleural effusion.
- Sleep apnea.
What is severe lung disease?
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, commonly referred to as COPD, is a group of progressive lung diseases. The most common are emphysema and chronic bronchitis. Many people with COPD have both of these conditions. Emphysema slowly destroys air sacs in your lungs, which interferes with outward air flow.
What are the early signs of lung disease?
Common signs are:
- Trouble breathing.
- Shortness of breath.
- Feeling like you’re not getting enough air.
- Decreased ability to exercise.
- A cough that won’t go away.
- Coughing up blood or mucus.
- Pain or discomfort when breathing in or out.
Can lung disease be cured?
There’s currently no cure for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), but treatment can help slow the progression of the condition and control the symptoms. Treatments include: stopping smoking – if you have COPD and you smoke, this is the most important thing you can do.