Three infectious diseases were ranked in the top ten causes of death worldwide in 2016 by the World Health Organization.
They are lower respiratory infections (3.0 million deaths), diarrheal diseases (1.4 million deaths), and tuberculosis (1.3 million deaths).
What is the most common infectious disease worldwide?
So, without further ado, here are the five most common infectious diseases.
- Hepatitis B. According to current statistics, hepatitis B is the most common infectious disease in the world, affecting some 2 billion people — that’s more than one-quarter of the world’s population.
- Hepatitis C.
Which of the following diseases is the leading cause of death worldwide quizlet?
In countries with higher standards of living, where people live longer, chronic diseases—heart disease, cancer, and stroke—are the leading causes of death. Infectious diseases, however, are still the number-one cause of death worldwide.
What is the most common infectious disease worldwide quizlet?
Severe cases develop into _ hemorrhagic fever, which involves high fever, hemorrhaging, and sometimes circulatory failure. Approximately 2 billion people are infected with this virus, making it the most common infectious disease in the world today.
How many diseases are in the world today?
That’s how they came up with “10,000 diseases,” though she acknowledged it was not a “perfect science.” She also pointed to a World Health Organization statement that “scientists currently estimate that over 10,000 of human diseases are known to be monogenic,” meaning involving a single gene.
What are the 6 deadliest infectious diseases?
- Deadliest Contagious Diseases By Death Toll.
- Comparison point: As of Sept.
- HIV/AIDS: 1.6 million deaths.
- Tuberculosis: 1.3 million deaths.
- Pneumonia: 1.1 million children under the age of 5.
- Infectious Diarrhea: 760,000 children under the age of 5.
- Malaria: 627,000 deaths.
What disease causes the most deaths worldwide?
Ischaemic heart disease and stroke are the world’s biggest killers, accounting for a combined 15.2 million deaths in 2016. These diseases have remained the leading causes of death globally in the last 15 years.
What are the three leading causes of death in the world quizlet?
Terms in this set (10)
- Heart Disease. – the leading cause of death for both men and women in the U.S. and also the leading cause of death worldwide.
- Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease (COPD)
- Cerebrovascular Diseases.
- Alzheimer’s disease.
- Diabete Mellitus.
What lifestyle factor is responsible for the most deaths?
Smoking and high blood pressure, which both have effective interventions, are responsible for the largest number of deaths in the US. Other dietary, lifestyle, and metabolic risk factors for chronic diseases also cause a substantial number of deaths in the US.
What are the top causes of death from smoking quizlet?
Terms in this set (48)
- Tobacco use. Is the number one cause of preventable disease and is associated with the leading causes of various chronic conditions as well as death.
- 10 worst diseases smoking causes.
- Lung Cancer.
- Heart Disease.