What disease has the highest death rate?
Lower respiratory infections remained the most deadly communicable disease, causing 3.0 million deaths worldwide in 2016. The death rate from diarrhoeal diseases decreased by almost 1 million between 20, but still caused 1.4 million deaths in 2016.
What is the leading cause of death in the world 2020?
Mortality and global health estimatesCauses of death: Ischaemic heart disease, stroke, chronic obstructive lung disease and lower respiratory infections have remained the top killers during the past decade.
What are the 3 leading causes of death in the world?
The Leading Causes of Death in the World
- Cardiovascular Diseases. Cardiovascular Diseases.
- Cancers. Cancers.
- Respiratory Disease. Respiratory Disease.
- Diabetes, Blood and Endocrine Disease. Diabetes, Blood and Endocrine Disease.
- Dementia. Dementia.
- Lower Respiratory Infections. Lower Respiratory Infections.
- Neonatal Deaths. Neonatal Deaths.
- Diarrheal Diseases.
What are the leading causes of death 2019?
Leading Causes of Death
- Heart disease: 647,457.
- Cancer: 599,108.
- Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936.
- Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201.
- Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383.
- Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404.
- Diabetes: 83,564.
- Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672.