What skin disease starts with an M?
Molluscum contagiosum is a skin rash caused by a virus.
What are diseases that start with M?
- MAC (Mycobacterium avium Complex)
- Mad Cow Disease (BSE) — see Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy.
- Marburg Hemorrhagic Fever.
- Marine Toxins.
- MD (Muscular Dystrophy)
- MDR TB (Multidrug-Resistant TB)
- ME/CFS (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
What are the names of skin diseases?
Common childhood skin disorders include:
- diaper rash.
- seborrheic dermatitis.
- fifth disease.
What is the most common skin disease?
Acne, eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, skin cancer and psoriasis are the five most common skin disorders, says Dr. Macrene Alexiades-Armenakas, assistant clinical professor at Yale University School of Medicine.
What is molluscum virus?
Molluscum contagiosum is a skin infection caused by the virus Molluscum contagiosum. It produces benign raised bumps, or lesions, on the upper layers of your skin. The small bumps are usually painless. The virus can be more difficult to treat if you have a weakened immune system.
What is a rare skin disease?
Harlequin ichthyosis is a rare genetic disorder that causes children to be born with hard, thick skin that forms diamond-shaped scales across their bodies. The most common treatment for harlequin ichthyosis is a strict regimen of skin-softening emollients and skin-repairing moisturizers.
What disease starts with an L?
- LAC (La Crosse Encephalitis)
- La Crosse Encephalitis (LAC)
- La Crosse Encephalitis virus (LACV) — see La Crosse Encephalitis.
- LACV (La Crosse Encephalitis virus)
- Lassa Fever.
- Latex Allergies.
- LBRF (Relapsing Fever, Louse-borne)
- LCM (Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis)
What are the 4 types of diseases?
There are four main types of disease: infectious diseases, deficiency diseases, hereditary diseases (including both genetic diseases and non-genetic hereditary diseases), and physiological diseases. Diseases can also be classified in other ways, such as communicable versus non-communicable diseases.
What disease starts with Z?
- Zadik–Barak–Levin syndrome.
- ZAP70 deficiency.
- Zamzam–Sheriff–Phillips syndrome.
- Zechi-Ceide syndrome.
- Zellweger syndrome.
- Zenker’s diverticulum.
- Zieve’s syndrome.
- Zika Virus.