How is respiratory disease treated?
Diagnosis usually involves imaging tests, blood tests, and lung function tests. There’s no cure for COPD, but treatment can help ease symptoms, lower the chance of complications, and generally improve quality of life. Medications, supplemental oxygen therapy, and surgery are some forms of treatment.
What is the common diseases of respiratory system?
Diseases and conditions of the respiratory system fall into two categories: Infections, such as influenza, bacterial pneumonia and enterovirus respiratory virus, and chronic diseases, such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
What are the different respiratory diseases their causes and symptoms?
Lung Diseases Affecting the Airways
- Asthma. Your airways are constantly inflamed and may spasm, causing wheezing and shortness of breath.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Chronic bronchitis.
- Acute bronchitis.
- Cystic fibrosis.
What is the most common respiratory disease?
The most common lung diseases include:
- Collapse of part or all of the lung (pneumothorax or atelectasis)
- Swelling and inflammation in the main passages (bronchial tubes) that carry air to the lungs (bronchitis)
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Lung cancer.
- Lung infection (pneumonia)