Adrenocortical carcinoma – A form of cancer that originates in the cortex of the adrenal gland.
Ankylosing Spondylitis – Also known as Ankylosing spondyloarthritis, Bechterew syndrome, Marie-Strumpell spondylitis.
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) – Also known as motor neurone disease or Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
What diseases have been cured?
- Poliomyelitis (polio)
- Lymphatic filariasis.
How many diseases do not have cures?
“You know, there’s 10,000 diseases, and we only have 500 cures.”
What are the top 10 most common diseases?
- Unintentional injuries.
- Chronic lower respiratory disease.
- Stroke and cerebrovascular diseases.
- Alzheimer’s disease. Deaths in 2017: 121,404.
- Diabetes. Deaths in 2017: 83,564.
- Influenza and pneumonia. Deaths in 2017: 55,672.
- Kidney disease. Deaths in 2017: 50,633.
- Suicide. Deaths in 2017: 47,173.
What is the most rare disease ever?
From affecting around 100 people to just one person, these are among the rarest diseases in the world.
- RPI deficiency.
- Fields Condition.
- Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria.