Microbes and disease
|Infectious disease||Microbe that causes the disease||Type of microbe|
|Whooping cough||Bordatella pertussis||Bacterium|
|Bubonic plague||Yersinia pestis||Bacterium|
|TB (Tuberculosis)||Mycobacterium tuberculosis||Bacterium|
5 more rows
What common diseases are caused by bacteria?
Common pathogenic bacteria and the types of bacterial diseases they cause include:
- Escherichia coli and Salmonella cause food poisoning.
- Helicobacter pylori cause gastritis and ulcers.
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae causes the sexually transmitted disease gonorrhea.
- Neisseria meningitidis causes meningitis.
What are 5 diseases caused by bacteria?
- Infectious disease.
What are 10 diseases caused by bacteria?
- strep throat.
- bacterial urinary tract infections (UTIs), often caused by coliform bacteria.
- bacterial food poisoning, often caused by E. coli, Salmonella, or Shigella.
- bacterial cellulitis, such as due to Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- bacterial vaginosis.
What percent of human diseases are caused by bacteria?
Approximately 75 percent of recently emerging infectious diseases affecting humans are zoonotic diseases, zoonoses, diseases that primarily infect animals and are transmitted to humans; some are of viral origin and some are of bacterial origin.