There are more than 100 Autoimmune DiseasesThere are many different types of autoimmune disease.
These diseases can affect one, ten, one hundred….
a million … or more people.
Learn more about some of them right here or visit their site for more information.
What are the 80 different autoimmune disorders?
What Are Autoimmune Disorders?
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus).
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Guillain-Barre syndrome.
- Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy.
What are the most common autoimmune diseases?
Here are 14 of the most common ones.
- Type 1 diabetes. The pancreas produces the hormone insulin, which helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
- Psoriasis/psoriatic arthritis.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- Inflammatory bowel disease.
- Addison’s disease.
- Graves’ disease.
What is the most deadly autoimmune disease?
Giant cell myocarditis: most fatal of autoimmune diseases.
What can trigger an autoimmune disease?
The exact cause of autoimmune disorders is unknown. One theory is that some microorganisms (such as bacteria or viruses) or drugs may trigger changes that confuse the immune system. This may happen more often in people who have genes that make them more prone to autoimmune disorders.