Common causes of urinary disorders
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlargement of the prostate)
- Cancers or benign tumors.
- Infections of the urinary tract.
- Interstitial cystitis (conditions involving chronic inflammation of the bladder)
- Kidney diseases.
- Kidney or urinary tract stones.
- Post-vasectomy syndrome.
- Alagille syndrome.
- Alport syndrome.
- Fabry disease.
- Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS)
- Goodpasture syndrome.
- Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis)
- Kidney Stones.
- Kidney Stones in Children.
- Medical Tests for Prostate Problems.
- Penile Curvature (Peyronie’s Disease)
- Perineal Injury in Males.
- Prostate Enlargement (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Prostate Inflammation (Prostatitis)
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) include infections of the urethra, bladder, and kidneys, and are common causes of urethritis, cystitis, pyelonephritis, and glomerulonephritis. Bacteria are the most common causes of UTIs, especially in the urethra and bladder.
What diseases are related to the excretory system?
Disorders of the urinary system include kidney stones, kidney failure, and urinary tract infections. Kidney dialysis is the process of filtering wastes from the blood using a machine.
How does the urinary system affect other body systems?
Interacting with Other SystemsThe excretory system is a close partner with both the circulatory and endocrine system. The circulatory system connection is obvious. Blood that circulates through the body passes through one of the two kidneys.
What are the diseases that affect the kidneys?
Conditions That Affect Your Kidneys
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) When health problems affect your kidneys, they can cause CKD.
- Diabetes. This leading cause of kidney failure damages the organs’ small blood vessels and filters.
- Anorexia Nervosa.
- High Blood Pressure.
- High Cholesterol.
- Multiple Myeloma.
- Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome.
What are the most common kidney diseases?
What are the types and causes of kidney disease?
- Chronic kidney disease. The most common form of kidney disease is chronic kidney disease.
- Kidney stones. Kidney stones are another common kidney problem.
- Polycystic kidney disease.
- Urinary tract infections.