Common causes of urinary disorders
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlargement of the prostate)
- Cancers or benign tumors.
- Infections of the urinary tract.
- Interstitial cystitis (conditions involving chronic inflammation of the bladder)
- Kidney diseases.
- Kidney or urinary tract stones.
- Post-vasectomy syndrome.
- Alagille syndrome.
- Alport syndrome.
- Fabry disease.
- Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS)
- Goodpasture syndrome.
- Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis)
- Kidney Stones.
- Kidney Stones in Children.
- Medical Tests for Prostate Problems.
- Penile Curvature (Peyronie’s Disease)
- Perineal Injury in Males.
- Prostate Enlargement (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Prostate Inflammation (Prostatitis)
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) include infections of the urethra, bladder, and kidneys, and are common causes of urethritis, cystitis, pyelonephritis, and glomerulonephritis. Bacteria are the most common causes of UTIs, especially in the urethra and bladder.
What are some of the major diseases that affect the functions of the urinary system as one ages?
Aging increases the risk of kidney and bladder problems such as:
- Bladder control issues, such as leakage or urinary incontinence (not being able to hold your urine), or urinary retention (not being able to completely empty your bladder)
- Bladder and other urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Chronic kidney disease.
What are the 4 main structures of the urinary system?
The kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra are the primary structures of the urinary system.
What body system interacts with the urinary system?
Interacting with Other SystemsThe excretory system is a close partner with both the circulatory and endocrine system. The circulatory system connection is obvious. Blood that circulates through the body passes through one of the two kidneys.
What diseases are related to the excretory system?
Disorders of the urinary system include kidney stones, kidney failure, and urinary tract infections. Kidney dialysis is the process of filtering wastes from the blood using a machine.