- Infectious disease.
What common diseases are caused by bacteria?
Common pathogenic bacteria and the types of bacterial diseases they cause include:
- Escherichia coli and Salmonella cause food poisoning.
- Helicobacter pylori cause gastritis and ulcers.
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae causes the sexually transmitted disease gonorrhea.
- Neisseria meningitidis causes meningitis.
What are 10 diseases caused by bacteria?
- strep throat.
- bacterial urinary tract infections (UTIs), often caused by coliform bacteria.
- bacterial food poisoning, often caused by E. coli, Salmonella, or Shigella.
- bacterial cellulitis, such as due to Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- bacterial vaginosis.
What are three diseases caused by bacteria quizlet?
Pertussis, Tuberculosis, Pneumonia (Pneumococcal, Primary a typical, Kelbsiella, Serratia), Legionnaires’, Q Fever, Psittscosis and Chlamydial pneumonia and anthrax.
What are the four types of infection?
Treatment will depend on the cause of the infection. This article will focus on the most common and deadly types of infection: bacterial, viral, fungal, and prion.
- bubonic plague.