What is the common diseases of respiratory system?
Diseases and conditions of the respiratory system fall into two categories: Infections, such as influenza, bacterial pneumonia and enterovirus respiratory virus, and chronic diseases, such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
What are the different respiratory diseases their causes and symptoms?
Lung Diseases Affecting the Airways
- Asthma. Your airways are constantly inflamed and may spasm, causing wheezing and shortness of breath.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Chronic bronchitis.
- Acute bronchitis.
- Cystic fibrosis.
What are the different lung diseases?
The term lung disease refers to many disorders affecting the lungs, such as asthma, COPD, infections like influenza, pneumonia and tuberculosis, lung cancer, and many other breathing problems. Some lung diseases can lead to respiratory failure.
What are the 5 diseases of the respiratory system?
The Top 8 Respiratory Illnesses and Diseases
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic Bronchitis.
- Lung Cancer.
- Cystic Fibrosis/Bronchiectasis.
- Pleural Effusion.
How can I check my lungs at home?
How It Is Done
- Set the pointer on the gauge of the peak flow meter to 0 (zero) or the lowest number on the meter.
- Attach the mouthpiece to the peak flow meter.
- Stand up to allow yourself to take a deep breath.
- Take a deep breath in.
- Breathe out as hard and as fast as you can using a huff.
- Note the value on the gauge.
What are symptoms of lung problems?
Common signs are:
- Trouble breathing.
- Shortness of breath.
- Feeling like you’re not getting enough air.
- Decreased ability to exercise.
- A cough that won’t go away.
- Coughing up blood or mucus.
- Pain or discomfort when breathing in or out.
What lung disease can kill you?
Lung cancer. Emphysema. COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
How can I clean my lungs?
Ways to clear the lungs
- Steam therapy. Steam therapy, or steam inhalation, involves inhaling water vapor to open the airways and help the lungs drain mucus.
- Controlled coughing.
- Drain mucus from the lungs.
- Green tea.
- Anti-inflammatory foods.
- Chest percussion.