Common primary muscle disorders include inflammatory myopathies, including polymyositis, which is characterized by inflammation and progressive weakening of the skeletal muscles; dermatomyositis, which is polymyositis accompanied by a skin rash; and inclusion body myositis, which is characterized by progressive muscle
What are the common diseases of the muscular system?
Diseases and disorders of the muscular system include muscular dystrophy (muscle weakening diseases), tendinosis (degenerative tendon disease), fibromyalgia (chronic pain), mitochondrial myopathy (mitochondria ATP disorder), myasthenia gravis (immune system problem), and tetanus (paralyzing bacterial infection).
What are the 7 most common diseases of the skeletal system?
Other common conditions that affect the skeletal system include:
- Osteoporosis: This is a disease in which the bones become fragile and prone to fracture.
- Leukemia: This is a cancer of the white blood cells.
- Osteopenia, osteitis deformans, and osteomalacia: Similar to osteoporosis, these are other types of bone loss.
What are some muscular diseases?
Types of neuromuscular disorders include:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Muscular dystrophy.
- Myasthenia gravis.
- Myositis, including polymyositis and dermatomyositis.
- Peripheral neuropathy.