What are 4 respiratory diseases that are caused by smoking?
Risks of lung diseases from smoking include:
- Chronic bronchitis. This is a type of COPD.
- Emphysema. This is also a type of COPD.
- Lung cancer. This is an abnormal growth of cells.
- Other types of cancer. Smoking increases the risk of cancer of the nose, sinuses, voice box, and throat.
What are 10 diseases caused by smoking?
Find out more about the different diseases that are caused by smoking and learn the steps necessary to quit smoking today.
- Lung Cancer. Smoking dramatically increases your chances of developing lung cancer.
- Heart Disease.
- Aortic Aneurysm.
- Oropharyngeal Cancer.
- Esophageal Cancer.
What are the 5 diseases of the respiratory system?
The Top 8 Respiratory Illnesses and Diseases
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic Bronchitis.
- Lung Cancer.
- Cystic Fibrosis/Bronchiectasis.
- Pleural Effusion.
How many respiratory diseases are there?
There are three main types of lung disease: Airway diseases — These diseases affect the tubes (airways) that carry oxygen and other gases into and out of the lungs. They usually cause a narrowing or blockage of the airways. Airway diseases include asthma, COPD and bronchiectasis.