What are the most common kidney diseases?
What are the types and causes of kidney disease?
- Chronic kidney disease. The most common form of kidney disease is chronic kidney disease.
- Kidney stones. Kidney stones are another common kidney problem.
- Polycystic kidney disease.
- Urinary tract infections.
What is the first sign of kidney problems?
Early signs of kidney failureIf you experience early signs of kidney disease, they may include: decreased urine output. fluid retention that leads to swelling in limbs. shortness of breath.
How many different kidney diseases are there?
Polycystic kidney disease (PKD)There are two types of PKD: autosomal dominant PKD and autosomal recessive PKD. Autosomal dominant PKD causes cysts only in the kidneys. It is often called “adult PKD,” because people with this type of PKD might not notice any symptoms until they are between 30 and 50 years old.
What are the signs that something is wrong with your kidneys?
Tell your doctor if you have the following symptoms, which can be signs that something is wrong with your kidneys:
- A change in how much you urinate.
- Pee that is foamy, bloody, discolored, or brown.
- Pain while you pee.
- Swelling in your arms, wrists, legs, ankles, around your eyes, face, or abdomen.
- Restless legs during sleep.