|disease (and key nutrient involved)||symptoms|
|rickets (vitamin D)||weakened bones, bowed legs, other bone deformities|
|beriberi (thiamin)||nerve degeneration, altered muscle coordination, cardiovascular problems|
|pellagra (niacin)||diarrhea, skin inflammation, dementia|
5 more rows
What are the different types of deficiency diseases?
- Calcium. Osteoporosis. Rickets. Tetany.
- Iodine deficiency. Goiter.
- Selenium deficiency. Keshan disease.
- Iron deficiency. Iron deficiency anemia.
- Zinc. Growth retardation.
- Thiamine (Vitamin B1) Beriberi.
- Niacin (Vitamin B3) Pellagra.
- Vitamin C. Scurvy.
What diseases are caused by vitamin deficiency?
4 Diseases Caused by a Lack of Essential Vitamins and Minerals
- Scurvy. The disease of pirates: the grey-death.
- Rickets. ✕
- Beriberi. This condition is largely confined to Asia, especially in countries where boiled rice is a staple.
- Pellagra. What causes blistering of the skin in the sun, pale skin, a craving for raw meat, blood dripping from the mouth, aggression, and insanity?
What are deficiency diseases give five examples?
List of Deficiency Diseases
|Types of Vitamins||Deficiency Diseases|
|B2 (Riboflavin)||Retarded growth, bad skin|
|C (Ascorbic acid)||Scurvy|
9 more rows
What are the two most common nutritional deficiency diseases?
This article lists 7 nutrient deficiencies that are incredibly common.
- Iron deficiency. Iron is an essential mineral.
- Iodine deficiency.
- Vitamin D deficiency.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Calcium deficiency.
- Vitamin A deficiency.
- Magnesium deficiency.
What is the most common nutritional disorder?
Iron deficiency is one of the most common nutrient deficiencies in the world, affecting more than 25% of people worldwide ( 1 , 2 ). This number rises to 47% in preschool children. Unless they’re given iron-rich or iron-fortified foods, they are very likely to lack iron.
What are the 4 types of malnutrition?
Various forms of malnutrition
- There are 4 broad sub-forms of undernutrition: wasting, stunting, underweight, and deficiencies in vitamins and minerals.
- Low weight-for-height is known as wasting.
- Low height-for-age is known as stunting.
- Children with low weight-for-age are known as underweight.
What are the symptoms of vit D deficiency?
Here are 8 signs and symptoms of vitamin D deficiency.
- Getting Sick or Infected Often. Share on Pinterest.
- Fatigue and Tiredness. Feeling tired can have many causes, and vitamin D deficiency may be one of them.
- Bone and Back Pain.
- Impaired Wound Healing.
- Bone Loss.
- Hair Loss.
- Muscle Pain.
What is the most common vitamin deficiency?
Iron deficiency is one of the most common nutrient deficiencies in the world, affecting more than 25% of people worldwide ( 1 , 2 ).
Which disease is caused by deficiency of vitamin D?