1. Major human parasitic protozoan diseases
- 1.1. Malaria. Malaria is the most significant of the protozoan parasites that infect man.
- 1.2. African trypanosomiasis.
- 1.3. Chagas disease.
- 1.4. Leishmaniasis.
- 1.5. Toxoplasmosis.
- 1.6. Cryptosporidiosis.
What are the diseases caused by protozoans?
What Diseases Do They Cause?
- Common infectious diseases caused by protozoans include malaria, giardia, and toxoplasmosis.
- Human African trypanosomiasis is caused by Trypanosoma brucei gambiense and Trypanosoma brucei rhodesiense.
- Treatment options just depend on what protozoa are infecting you.
What is the most common protozoan disease worldwide?
Parasitic and ProtozoalLeishmaniasis is a relatively common protozoal infection worldwide. The most prevalent species causing disseminated leishmaniasis is Leishmania donovani.
What are the symptoms of protozoa?
Common symptoms, which appear one to three weeks after exposure, include diarrhea, nausea, stomach cramps, gas, greasy stool (because fat absorption is being blocked), and possible dehydration. The parasite remains in the colon and does not cause systemic infection.
What are 5 diseases caused by bacteria?
- Infectious disease.