What can I do to keep my kidneys healthy?
- Make healthy food choices.
- Make physical activity part of your routine.
- Aim for a healthy weight.
- Get enough sleep.
- Stop smoking.
- Limit alcohol intake link.
- Explore stress-reducing activities.
- Manage diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
How can I protect my kidneys naturally?
Here are some tips to help keep your kidneys healthy.
- Keep active and fit.
- Control your blood sugar.
- Monitor blood pressure.
- Monitor weight and eat a healthy diet.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Don’t smoke.
- Be aware of the amount of OTC pills you take.
- Have your kidney function tested if you’re at high risk.
What are the main causes of kidney disease?
In the United States the two leading causes of kidney failure, also called end stage kidney disease or ESRD, are diabetes (also called Type 2, or adult onset diabetes) and high blood pressure. When these two diseases are controlled by treatment, the associated kidney disease can often be prevented or slowed down.
What is the best thing to drink for your kidneys?
Here’s what the latest research says about the four best drinks for kidney health:
- Wine. Yes, you read that correctly.
- Cranberry Juice. This tart red drink is good for both your urinary tract and kidney health.
- Lemon- and Lime-based Citrus Juices.
Can you reverse kidney damage?
There is no cure for kidney disease, but it may be possible to stop its progress or at least slow down the damage. In many cases, the correct treatment and lifestyle changes can help keep a person and their kidneys healthier longer.