Fungal Disease-Specific Research
- Candidiasis. Candida are yeast that can be found on the skin, mucous membranes, and in the intestinal tract.
- Coccidioidomycosis (Valley Fever)
- Pneumocystis pneumonia.
Which diseases are caused by fungi?
Other human diseases caused by fungi include athlete’s foot, ringworm, aspergillosis, histoplasmosis, and coccidioidomycosis.
What are 5 diseases caused by fungi?
Other diseases and health problems caused by fungi
- Aspergillosis. About. Symptoms.
- Blastomycosis. About. Symptoms.
- Candidiasis. Candida infections of the mouth, throat, and esophagus. Vaginal candidiasis.
- Candida auris.
- Coccidioidomycosis. About. Symptoms.
- C. neoformans Infection. About.
- C. gattii Infection.
- Fungal Eye Infections. About.
What is the most common fungal infection?
Fungal skin infections can happen anywhere on your body. Some of the most common are athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm, and yeast infections.
How does fungi cause disease in humans?
Fungi can cause disease through: Replication of the fungus (fungal cells can invade tissues and disrupt their function) Immune response (by immune cells or antibodies) Competitive metabolism (consuming energy and nutrients intended for the host)