What are the most common muscular diseases?
Common primary muscle disorders include inflammatory myopathies, including polymyositis, which is characterized by inflammation and progressive weakening of the skeletal muscles; dermatomyositis, which is polymyositis accompanied by a skin rash; and inclusion body myositis, which is characterized by progressive muscle
What are some muscular diseases?
Types of neuromuscular disorders include:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Muscular dystrophy.
- Myasthenia gravis.
- Myositis, including polymyositis and dermatomyositis.
- Peripheral neuropathy.
What are the 7 most common diseases of the skeletal system?
Other common conditions that affect the skeletal system include:
- Osteoporosis: This is a disease in which the bones become fragile and prone to fracture.
- Leukemia: This is a cancer of the white blood cells.
- Osteopenia, osteitis deformans, and osteomalacia: Similar to osteoporosis, these are other types of bone loss.