- (CNN) — Mad cow disease, SARS and now swine flu: Some diseases grab the headlines.
- Water allergy.
- Foreign accent syndrome.
- Laughing Death.
- Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva (FOP)
- Alice in Wonderland syndrome.
What are the top 10 rarest diseases?
Top 10 Rarest Diseases You’ve Never Heard Of –
- 10: Foreign Accent Syndrome. 
- 9: Microcephaly. 
- 8: Epidermodysplasia Verruciformis. 
- 6: Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome. 
- 5: Harlequin-Type Ichthyosis. 
- 4: Congenital Analgesia. 
What are the 10 most common diseases?
- Unintentional injuries.
- Chronic lower respiratory disease.
- Stroke and cerebrovascular diseases.
- Alzheimer’s disease. Deaths in 2017: 121,404.
- Diabetes. Deaths in 2017: 83,564.
- Influenza and pneumonia. Deaths in 2017: 55,672.
- Kidney disease. Deaths in 2017: 50,633.
- Suicide. Deaths in 2017: 47,173.
What is the rarest mental disorder?
Rare Mental Disorders
- Stendhal Syndrome. Those with Stendhal syndrome experience physical and emotional anxiety as well as panic attacks, dissociative experiences, confusion and hallucinations when exposed to art.
- Alien Hand Syndrome.
- Capgras Syndrome.
- Alice in Wonderland Syndrome.
What disease has no cure?
Here are 10 diseases medical professionals still have not found a cure for.
- Alzheimer’s disease. Older couple drinking coffee together | iStock.com.
- Diabetes. Man with diabetes checks his blood sugar | iStock.com.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Multiple sclerosis.