Circulatory system diseases
- Coronary artery disease.
- Atherosclerosis, arteriosclerosis, and arteriolosclerosis.
- Heart failure.
- Aortic dissection and aneurysm.
- Myocarditis and pericarditis.
What diseases or disorders affect the circulatory system?
Aorta Disease and Marfan SyndromeAtherosclerosis (hardened arteries) High blood pressure. Connective tissue disorders that can weaken your blood vessel walls, such as scleroderma, osteogenesis imperfecta, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, and polycystic kidney disease. Injury.
What are the different diseases affecting the respiratory and circulatory system and their common causes?
Emphysema (COPD) – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, of which emphysema is one of, results in progressive destruction of the air sacs in the lungs and loss of respiratory membrane for oxygen exchange. The bane of long term smokers. Atelectasis – a collapsed lung.
How are circulatory disorders diagnosed?
- Electrocardiogram (ECG). An ECG records these electrical signals and can help your doctor detect irregularities in your heart’s rhythm and structure.
- Holter monitoring.
- Stress test.
- Cardiac catheterization.
- Cardiac computerized tomography (CT) scan.
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).