What are the top 10 most common diseases?
- Unintentional injuries.
- Chronic lower respiratory disease.
- Stroke and cerebrovascular diseases.
- Alzheimer’s disease. Deaths in 2017: 121,404.
- Diabetes. Deaths in 2017: 83,564.
- Influenza and pneumonia. Deaths in 2017: 55,672.
- Kidney disease. Deaths in 2017: 50,633.
What is the scientific study of disease called?
The study of disease is called pathology, which includes the study of etiology, or cause.
What is the study of body’s resistance to infectious diseases?
Immunology. Immunology, the scientific study of the body’s resistance to invasion by other organisms (i.e., immunity). In a medical sense, immunology deals with the body’s system of defense against disease-causing microorganisms and with disorders in that system’s functioning.
What are the childhood disease?
Childhood Diseases: Measles, Mumps, & More
- The Facts on Childhood Illnesses. There are so many childhood diseases, infectious and noninfectious, that it would be impossible to list them all here.
- Ear Infections.
- Glue Ear.
- Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease.
- Fifth Disease.