In this Article
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
What are the common sexually transmitted infections?
Here are some common STDs and sexually-associated diseases and their symptoms that you should be knowledgeable about.
- Chlamydia. Chlamydia is the most common curable STD.
- Mycoplasma Genitalium.
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
- Crabs/Pubic Lice.
What are the 4 new STDs?
These Four New STIs Are On the Rise
- Mycoplasma genitalium. Scientists have known about Mycoplasma genitalium since at least 1981, but the CDC first acknowledged it as an STI in 2015.
- Neisseria meningitidis. Meningitis is a swelling of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord.
- Shigella flexneri.
- Lymphogranuloma venereum.
- Call To Action.
What STD can you get from kissing?
Only certain sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are transmittable through kissing. Two common ones are herpes simplex virus (HSV) and cytomegalovirus (CMV). Kissing can be one of the most exciting parts of a relationship. But you may also feel wary of kissing if you’re with someone for the first time.
What are the different types of STDs and their symptoms?
Types of Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Genital Warts and Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Genital Herpes (HSV-1, HSV-2)
- Symptoms That Suggest Sexually Transmitted Infections May Include: