What are the top 10 rarest diseases?
Top 10 Rarest Diseases You’ve Never Heard Of –
- 10: Foreign Accent Syndrome. 
- 9: Microcephaly. 
- 8: Epidermodysplasia Verruciformis. 
- 6: Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome. 
- 5: Harlequin-Type Ichthyosis. 
- 4: Congenital Analgesia. 
What are the most common rare diseases?
Infographic: Which Rare Diseases Are The Most Common?
- Multiple sclerosis emerges above all others, at 90 patients per 100,000 people.
- Narcolepsy—intermittent, uncontrollable episodes of sleepiness—affects 50 patients per 100,000.
- Primary biliary cholangitis, the damage of bile ducts in the liver, affects 40 people in 100,000.
How many rare diseases are there in the world?
There are between 5 000 and 8 000 rare diseases, most of them with a genetic basis. 1 A very rough estimate would be that one out of 15 persons worldwide could be affected by a rare (“orphan”) disease – 400 million people worldwide, of whom 30 million are in Europe and 25 million in the United States.
What are the 7000 rare diseases?
You can find a list of all the 7,000+ rare diseases on the Orphanet website.
- Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva. Prevalence: roughly 1 in 2,000,000.
- Ehlers Danlos syndrome. Prevalence: Unknown.
- Tyrosinemia type 1. Prevalence: Unknown.
- Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- Cystic fibrosis.
- NGLY-1 deficiency.