What are some examples of plant and animal diseases due to fungi?
Search for these fungal disease fact sheets on Ohioline:
- Dollar Spot of Turfgrass.
- Powdery Mildew on Ornamental Plants.
- Damping-Off and Root Rot of Beans.
- Botrytis Gray Mold on Greenhouse Floral Crops.
- Scab of Apple and Crabapple.
- Dutch Elm Disease.
What are common plant diseases?
- Anthracnose. Infected plants develop dark, water soaked lesions on stems, leaves or fruit.
- Apple Scab. Scabby spots on fruits and leaves are sunken and may have velvety spores in the center.
- Bacterial Canker.
- Black Knot.
- Blossom End Rot.
- Brown Rot.
- Cedar Apple Rust.
- Club Root.
What are the examples of plant diseases?
List of plant diseases
- aster yellows.
- bacterial wilt.
- blight. fire blight. rice bacterial blight.
- crown gall.
- rot. basal rot.
What common animal diseases are caused by fungi?
Pages in category “Animal fungal diseases”
- Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis.
- Athlete’s foot.
What are the diseases caused by fungi in plants?
Some fungal diseases occur on a wide range of vegetables. These diseases include Anthracnose; Botrytis rots; Downy mildews; Fusarium rots; Powdery mildews; Rusts; Rhizoctonia rots; Sclerotinia rots; Sclerotium rots.
What are 5 diseases caused by fungi?
Other diseases and health problems caused by fungi
- Aspergillosis. About. Symptoms.
- Blastomycosis. About. Symptoms.
- Candidiasis. Candida infections of the mouth, throat, and esophagus. Vaginal candidiasis.
- Candida auris.
- Coccidioidomycosis. About. Symptoms.
- C. neoformans Infection. About.
- C. gattii Infection.
- Fungal Eye Infections. About.
What is an example of a parasitic fungi?
The examples of parasitic fungi are as follows: Albugo candida (White rust) Armillaria mellea (Root rot) Erysiphe betae (Powdery mildew) Magnaporthe grisea (Blast disease of rice)