What are the common diseases of old age?
According to the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists, the most common chronic diseases afflicting the elderly are:
- Adult onset diabetes.
- Kidney and bladder problems.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Lung disease.
What is the most common disease in the elderly?
According to the National Council on Aging, about 92 percent of seniors have at least one chronic disease and 77 percent have at least two. Heart disease, stroke, cancer, and diabetes are among the most common and costly chronic health conditions causing two-thirds of deaths each year.
What are the 10 most common diseases?
- Unintentional injuries.
- Chronic lower respiratory disease.
- Stroke and cerebrovascular diseases.
- Alzheimer’s disease. Deaths in 2017: 121,404.
- Diabetes. Deaths in 2017: 83,564.
- Influenza and pneumonia. Deaths in 2017: 55,672.
- Kidney disease. Deaths in 2017: 50,633.
- Suicide. Deaths in 2017: 47,173.
Which of the following is one of the most prevalent chronic diseases of old age?
Among the most common were: Hypertension (46 percent) Arthritis (42 percent) Diabetes (20 percent)