What are the most common autoimmune diseases?
Here are 14 of the most common ones.
- Type 1 diabetes. The pancreas produces the hormone insulin, which helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
- Psoriasis/psoriatic arthritis.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- Inflammatory bowel disease.
- Addison’s disease.
- Graves’ disease.
Is there a list of autoimmune diseases?
Scientists know about more than 80 autoimmune diseases. Some are well known, such as type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis, while others are rare and difficult to diagnose. Collectively, these diseases affect more than 24 million people in the United States.
What is the most deadly autoimmune disease?
Giant cell myocarditis: most fatal of autoimmune diseases.
How many autoimmune diseases are there?
There are more than 100 Autoimmune DiseasesThere are many different types of autoimmune disease. These diseases can affect one, ten, one hundred…. a million … or more people. Learn more about some of them right here or visit their site for more information.