How many diseases are there in the world?
There are four main types of disease: infectious diseases, deficiency diseases, hereditary diseases (including both genetic diseases and non-genetic hereditary diseases), and physiological diseases.
What are the 10 most common diseases?
- Unintentional injuries.
- Chronic lower respiratory disease.
- Stroke and cerebrovascular diseases.
- Alzheimer’s disease. Deaths in 2017: 121,404.
- Diabetes. Deaths in 2017: 83,564.
- Influenza and pneumonia. Deaths in 2017: 55,672.
- Kidney disease. Deaths in 2017: 50,633.
- Suicide. Deaths in 2017: 47,173.
How many diseases are there in India?
What’s Killing India? Knowing Top 10 Killer Death Diseases in India
- Cardiovascular Diseases. This amounts to about 24.8% deaths in the country.
- Respiratory Diseases. These diseases account for 10.2% deaths in India.
- Malignant and Other Tumours.
- Undefined Conditions.
- Digestive Diseases.
- Diarrheal Diseases.
- Unintentional Injuries.
How many new diseases are there each year?
Infectious diseases that contribute to the nearly 450 million total DALYs each year are categorized in Figure 2. In the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has devised strategies to prevent, monitor, and contain disease outbreaks.