What are three problems that can affect the female reproductive system?
Problems related to the reproductive system- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs/STIs), including pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), HIV/AIDS, human papillomavirus (HPV), syphilis, gonorrhea and herpes (HSV).
What disease can affect the reproductive system?
Sexually transmitted diseases, such as gonorrhea and chlamydia, are typical causes of pelvic inflammatory disease, according to the NIH. “Any of these STIs can cause serious and potentially long term reproductive problems that include chronic pelvic pain and infertility,” Ross said.
What are the common signs and symptoms of reproductive system disorders?
Symptoms of female reproductive and hormonal health problems include:
- Bleeding or spotting between periods.
- Itching, burning, or irritation (including bumps, blisters, or sores) of the vagina or genital area.
- Pain or discomfort during sex.
- Excessively heavy bleeding or severe pain with periods.
- Severe pelvic/abdominal pain.
Can female infertility be cured?
Infertility can be treated with medicine, surgery, artificial insemination, or assisted reproductive technology. Many times these treatments are combined. In most cases infertility is treated with drugs or surgery.
What are female problems?
Women experience unique health issues and conditions, from pregnancy and menopause to gynecological conditions, such as uterine fibroids and pelvic floor disorders. Other disorders and conditions that affect only women include Turner syndrome, Rett syndrome, and ovarian and cervical cancers.
What are the 5 diseases of the digestive system?
If you suspect you could have one of these issues, don’t delay in speaking with your doctor.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease.
- Crohn’s Disease.
- Ulcerative Colitis.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
How do you know if you have reproductive problems?
Symptoms. The main symptom of infertility is the inability to get pregnant. A menstrual cycle that’s too long (35 days or more), too short (less than 21 days), irregular or absent can mean that you’re not ovulating. There may be no other outward signs or symptoms.
What are the top 3 common nervous system disorders?
Brain and Nervous System. Brain and nervous system problems are common. These neurological disorders include multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, and stroke, and can affect memory and ability to perform daily activities.
What are two disorders that only affect females?
Disorders related to infertility include uterine fibroids, polycystic ovary syndrome, endometriosis, and primary ovarian insufficiency. Other disorders and conditions that affect only women include Turner syndrome, Rett syndrome, and ovarian and cervical cancers.
How do you keep the female reproductive system healthy?
Keeping the Reproductive System Healthy
- Eat a balanced diet that is high in fiber and low in fat.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Get regular exercise.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Get enough sleep.
- Avoid using tobacco, alcohol, or other drugs.
- Manage stress in healthy ways.
What are two reproductive health issues related to females?
Different life stages are associated with specific women’s sexual and reproductive health issues, including menstruation, fertility, cervical screening, contraception, pregnancy, sexually transmissible infections, chronic health problems (such as endometriosis and polycystic ovary syndrome) and menopause.
What are 4 causes for female infertility?
What are some possible causes of female infertility?
- Failure to Ovulate.
- Problems in the Menstrual Cycle.
- Structural Problems of the Reproductive System.
- Failure of an Egg to Mature Properly.
- Implantation Failure.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
How can a woman tell if she infertile?
In women, signs of infertility may include:
- Pain during sex.
- Heavy, long, or painful periods.
- Dark or pale menstrual blood.
- Irregular menstrual cycle.
- Hormone changes.
- Underlying medical conditions.
- Not getting pregnant.
How can a woman tell if she is infertile?
Signs of Potential Infertility in Women
- Abnormal periods. Bleeding is heavier or lighter than usual.
- Irregular periods. The number of days in between each period varies each month.
- No periods. You have never had a period, or periods suddenly stop.
- Painful periods. Back pain, pelvic pain, and cramping may happen.