What are common diseases of the immune system?
- Ataxia telangiectasia.
- Autoimmune polyglandular syndrome.
- Burkitt lymphoma.
- Diabetes, type 1.
- DiGeorge syndrome.
- Familial Mediterranean fever.
- Immunodeficiency with hyper-IgM.
What diseases Lower immune system?
Examples of secondary immunodeficiency disorders include:
- cancers of the immune system, like leukemia.
- immune-complex diseases, like viral hepatitis.
- multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells, which produce antibodies)
What is an immunosuppressive disease?
Medical Definition of ImmunosuppressionImmunosuppression: Suppression of the immune system and its ability to fight infection. Immunosuppression may result from certain diseases, such as AIDS or lymphoma, or from certain drugs, such as some of those used to treat cancer.