The diseases of warm-blooded animals caused by fungi are known as mycoses (sing.
What common animal diseases are caused by fungi?
Pages in category “Animal fungal diseases”
- Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis.
- Athlete’s foot.
What are fungal diseases in animals?
Opportunistic mycoses are responsible for a wide range of diseases from localized infections to fatal disseminated diseases, such as aspergillosis, mucormycosis, candidiasis, cryptococcosis and infections caused by melanized fungi.
What are 5 diseases caused by fungi?
Other diseases and health problems caused by fungi
- Aspergillosis. About. Symptoms.
- Blastomycosis. About. Symptoms.
- Candidiasis. Candida infections of the mouth, throat, and esophagus. Vaginal candidiasis.
- Candida auris.
- Coccidioidomycosis. About. Symptoms.
- C. neoformans Infection. About.
- C. gattii Infection.
- Fungal Eye Infections. About.
What is a fungi disease?
Fungal diseases are often caused by fungi that are common in the environment. Fungal diseases in the lungs are often similar to other illnesses such as the flu or tuberculosis. Some fungal diseases like fungal meningitis and bloodstream infections are less common than skin and lung infections but can be deadly.