What are the common diseases of digestive system?
Here are six of the most common gastrointestinal problems — and what can be done about them.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Heartburn happens, but if it occurs regularly, you may need to be evaluated for GERD.
- Chronic Diarrhea.
- Chronic Constipation.
What are some stomach diseases?
- Stomach diseases include gastritis, gastroparesis, Crohn’s disease and various cancers.
- The stomach is an important organ in the body.
- Examples including the name gastropathy include portal hypertensive gastropathy and Ménétrier’s disease, also known as “hyperplastic hypersecretory gastropathy”.
How are diseases of the digestive system treated?
How can I reduce gas and bloating?
- Cut back on fatty foods.
- Avoid fizzy drinks.
- Eat and drink slowly.
- Quit smoking.
- Don’t chew gum.
- Exercise more.
- Avoid foods that cause gas.
- Avoid sweeteners that cause gas such as fructose and sorbitol. They are often found in candies, chewing gum, energy bars, and low-carb foods.
What are 3 diseases of the digestive system?
If you suspect you could have one of these issues, don’t delay in speaking with your doctor.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease.
- Crohn’s Disease.
- Ulcerative Colitis.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
What are the signs of digestive problems?
The first sign of problems in the digestive tract often includes one or more of the following symptoms:
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Pain in the belly.