Stress-related skin problems include:
- seborrheic dermatitis.
Birthmarks and other pigmentation disorders affect many people. Some of the most common are pigmented birthmarks, macular stains, hemangiomas, port wine stains, while disorders include albinism, melasma, vitiligo and pigmentation loss due to skin damage.There are many different types of skin-related autoimmune disorders, including scleroderma, psoriasis, dermatomyositis, epidermolysis bullosa, and bullous pemphigoid.
- Epidermolysis bullosa.
- Bullous pemphigoid.
There are several different types of eczema that you should know about:
- Atopic dermatitis.
- Contact dermatitis.
- Dyshidrotic eczema.
- Nummular eczema.
- Seborrheic dermatitis.
- Stasis dermatitis.
Common inflammatory skin conditions include dermatitis, poison ivy and poison oak, and drug rashes. Other forms of chronic skin inflammation may run in the family, and may be triggered by allergens, extreme temperatures and even stress.What causes skin infections?
- Bacteria cause cellulitis, impetigo, and staphylococcal (staph) infections.
- Viruses cause shingles, warts, and herpes simplex.
- Fungi cause athlete’s foot and yeast infections.
- Parasites cause body lice, head lice, and scabies.
How many types of skin diseases are there?
Is your skin itchy, oozing, or breaking out? Moles, psoriasis, hives, and eczema are just a few of the more than 3,000 skin disorders known to dermatology.
What are the most common skin diseases?
- Acne (Acne vulgaris) Acne, the most common skin disorder in the U.S., can be a source of anxiety for every teen.
- Atopic dermatitis (Eczema) Atopic dermatitis is one of the most common forms of eczema seen in children.
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Contact Dermatitis.
- Diaper Rash.
What is the most dangerous skin disease?
Five potentially life-threatening disorders that have skin rash as the primary symptom are pemphigus vulgaris (PV), Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS), toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN), toxic shock syndrome (TSS), and staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome (SSSS).
What are names of skin infections?
Here is a rundown of the nine most common bacterial infections and how to identify them:
- Cellulitis. This photo contains content that some people may find graphic or disturbing.
- Bacterial Folliculitis.
- Hot Tub Folliculitis.