What are the diseases related to malnutrition?
What are the diseases caused by Malnutrition?
- Kwashiorkor. Kwashiorkor is a protein deficiency disease, caused due to poor intake of protein or quality protein over a prolonged period of time.
What is malnutrition name two diseases caused by it?
A lack of breastfeeding may contribute, as may a number of infectious diseases such as: gastroenteritis, pneumonia, malaria, and measles, which increase nutrient requirements. There are two main types of undernutrition: protein-energy malnutrition and dietary deficiencies.
What are the basic causes of malnutrition?
Causes of malnutrition include inappropriate dietary choices, a low income, difficulty obtaining food, and various physical and mental health conditions. Undernutrition is one type of malnutrition. It occurs when the body does not get enough food. It can lead to delayed growth, low weight, or wasting.
What are the 4 types of malnutrition?
Various forms of malnutrition
- There are 4 broad sub-forms of undernutrition: wasting, stunting, underweight, and deficiencies in vitamins and minerals.
- Low weight-for-height is known as wasting.
- Low height-for-age is known as stunting.
- Children with low weight-for-age are known as underweight.