Physician Who Specializes In Female Diseases?

Visiting the gynecologistA gynecologist is a doctor specializing in the female reproductive organs.

The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommends that young women make their first visit for reproductive health between the ages of 13 and 15.

What is a doctor that specializes in diseases?

Specialty doctors include the following types:

  • Allergists. An allergist or immunologist focuses on preventing and treating allergic diseases and conditions.
  • Dermatologists.
  • Infectious disease doctors.
  • Ophthalmologists.
  • Obstetrician/gynecologists.
  • Cardiologists.
  • Endocrinologists.
  • Gastroenterologists.

Who specializes in diseases of the female reproductive system?

Gynecologist – a physician specializing in diseases of the female reproductive system and surgery of this area. Most physicians currently specialize in combined practice of OB/GYN.

What kind of doctor should I see for a general check up?

All adults should have a primary care doctor. These are usually internal medicine (internists) or family medicine doctors. Getting an annual checkup can help your doctor spot health issues early on. Untreated conditions, such as high blood pressure, can lead to serious problems that are harder to treat.

Should I see gynecologist or regular doctor?

It may be useful for women to see a gynecologist in addition to a primary care doctor. Both your PCP and gynecologist may offer services such as Pap smears, treatment of infections and contraception. Your primary care doctor can inform you as to what types of contraception will require a visit with a gynecologist.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *