What illnesses do old people get?
Here’s our guide to the most widespread medical conditions that tend to affect older people.
- Arthritis. Arthritis is the breakdown of tissue inside the joints.
- Chronic Bronchitis.
- Coronary Heart Disease.
What are the 10 most common diseases?
- Unintentional injuries.
- Chronic lower respiratory disease.
- Stroke and cerebrovascular diseases.
- Alzheimer’s disease. Deaths in 2017: 121,404.
- Diabetes. Deaths in 2017: 83,564.
- Influenza and pneumonia. Deaths in 2017: 55,672.
- Kidney disease. Deaths in 2017: 50,633.
- Suicide. Deaths in 2017: 47,173.
What are the health problems of elderly?
Common health conditions associated with ageing. Common conditions in older age include hearing loss, cataracts and refractive errors, back and neck pain and osteoarthritis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes, depression, and dementia.