What are common diseases of respiratory system?
Respiratory system diseases. Diseases and conditions of the respiratory system fall into two categories: Infections, such as influenza, bacterial pneumonia and enterovirus respiratory virus, and chronic diseases, such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
What is the most common disease in the respiratory system?
The most common lung diseases include:
- Collapse of part or all of the lung (pneumothorax or atelectasis)
- Swelling and inflammation in the main passages (bronchial tubes) that carry air to the lungs (bronchitis)
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Lung cancer.
- Lung infection (pneumonia)
What are the disease of circulatory and respiratory system?
Emphysema (COPD) – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, of which emphysema is one of, results in progressive destruction of the air sacs in the lungs and loss of respiratory membrane for oxygen exchange. The bane of long term smokers. Atelectasis – a collapsed lung.
How do you treat respiratory disease?
Pharmacological Treatment of Respiratory Disorders
- Bronchodilators. These are the most frequently used inhaled medications.
- Mast Cell Stabilizers and Anti-IgE Antibodies.
- Leukotriene Receptor Antagonists.
- Antihistamines and Epinephrine.
- Pulmonary Surfactants.
- Antimicrobials and Antivirals.
- Other Agents.
What are the 5 diseases of the respiratory system?
The Top 8 Respiratory Illnesses and Diseases
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic Bronchitis.
- Lung Cancer.
- Cystic Fibrosis/Bronchiectasis.
- Pleural Effusion.
How can I check my lungs at home?
How It Is Done
- Set the pointer on the gauge of the peak flow meter to 0 (zero) or the lowest number on the meter.
- Attach the mouthpiece to the peak flow meter.
- Stand up to allow yourself to take a deep breath.
- Take a deep breath in.
- Breathe out as hard and as fast as you can using a huff.
- Note the value on the gauge.