Common digestive problems include heartburn/GERD, IBD, and IBS.
Symptoms may include bloating, diarrhea, gas, stomach pain, and stomach cramps.
Treatment includes a combination of medication and lifestyle changes.
What are the 5 diseases of the digestive system?
If you suspect you could have one of these issues, don’t delay in speaking with your doctor.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease.
- Crohn’s Disease.
- Ulcerative Colitis.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
What are the common diseases of digestive system?
Here are six of the most common gastrointestinal problems — and what can be done about them.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Heartburn happens, but if it occurs regularly, you may need to be evaluated for GERD.
- Chronic Diarrhea.
- Chronic Constipation.
How do you know if you have digestive issues?
Here are seven of the most common signs:
- Upset stomach. Stomach disturbances like gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, and heartburn can all be signs of an unhealthy gut.
- A high-sugar diet.
- Unintentional weight changes.
- Sleep disturbances or constant fatigue.
- Skin irritation.
- Autoimmune conditions.
- Food intolerances.
How do you treat gastrointestinal disease?
Treating a GI Disorder
- Resting and drinking plenty of fluids.
- Following the BRAT diet – bananas, rice, applesauce and toast – all of which are easy on the stomach and beneficial in their own way.
- Taking over-the-counter medications to ease symptoms (for example, laxatives for constipation).
How do I know if I have a bacterial infection in my stomach?
The symptoms may include:
- loss of appetite.
- nausea and vomiting.
- abdominal pains and cramps.
- blood in your stools.
What is the most common digestive disorder?
Common digestive disorders include gastroesophageal reflux disease, cancer, irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance and hiatal hernia. The most common symptoms of digestive disorders include bleeding, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, pain, nausea and vomiting.