What are the most common diseases in cats?
Common Cat Diseases
- Cancer. Cancer is a class of diseases in which cells grow uncontrollably, invade surrounding tissue and may spread to other areas of the body.
- Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV)
- Feline Leukemia Virus (FelV)
- High-Rise Syndrome.
What are the six groups of diseases that affect cats?
But even your fastidious feline can’t prevent some of these more common cat diseases and health issues.
- Vomiting. Vomiting is a very common problem with cats with a multitude of causes.
- Feline Lower Urinary Tract Diseases (FLUTD)
- Eye Problems.
What is the most common cause of death in cats?
The most common causes of cat death in senior cats are kidney failure, cancer, and infectious disease such as FIV (feline immunodeficiency virus). Cats also suffer from hyperthyroidism, which causes high blood pressure, inflammatory bowel disease, diabetes, arthritis, and dental disease.
How do you treat a sick cat?
Consult a vet as soon as possible. Any pet that has been vomiting for more than 24 hours should see a vet. If your pet is vomiting and unable to keep food down, you can try missing one meal, although still allow access to water. Then, offer a teaspoonful of boiled skinned chicken or white fish, such as cod or coley.